Quality control by voice for Vallourec
Spix voice assistant in operation on the production site of Vallourec.
Voice interface to the Digital Log Sheet for quality control improvement.
The Spix.SKILLS from the list measurement, validation, and evaluation are interfaces with the DLS (Digital Log Sheet) from Vallourec to assist the quality control.
Spix enables the quality control to be more efficient and more accurate.
The quality controller keeps his hands busy at work, and reports his observations and measurement by voice to quality software from Vallourec.
The return from the field workers are:
– I do less mistakes while reporting the measurements
– I can keep my gloves while doing my digital duties
– It is more easy to report my observations
The return from the managers are:
– The accuracy of the quality report increased drastically
– It takes less time for the operator to control a part
– Our controllers are more focused on their duty
The working environment in Vallourec is very noisy. The user does not get any voice feedback, but gets the confirmation of his actions on the screen.