SPIX industry presents:
“Spix.PDF app” for the field workers
The Spix.PDF app provides a vocal interface to manipulate PDF documents, and access to drawing and instructions. This voice interface gives the possibility for the workers in the shop floor to navigate in the document, reach a given page, zoom on a page section, and eventually access search functions for specific terms inside the document.
Spix.PDF app gives back to the shopfloor worker the possibility to access to reference documents and company instructions.
The Spix.PDF app replies to the need from the industry to increase the use of technical documentation on the shopfloor by the technicians and field operators. The goal is to help the blue-collars to get the relevant information while working, keeping their safety at work, and focus on their duty.
Motivation and expected benefits
The motivation for the Spix.PDF application results from the following difficulties of the shop-floor workers:
– Be focused on their tasks (hands and eyes free)
– Access to documents, procedures, drawings
– Get quickly to the relevant information
– Be aware when the documentation changes
– Keep their gloves, helmet, and hear protections
To answer such need, the following functions are implemented (or will be) in the Spix.PDF app:
– Voice recognition capacity, in several languages,
– Browse in pages: number, sequence, previous, next,
– Inspect pages: up, down, left, right, again, …
– Manipulate the page: rotate, mode 2 pages, …
– Zoom in page: top, bottom, middle, zoom factor, …
– Recursive zoom: based on a virtual grid
– Quick search in a defined list : names, references, …
Spix.PDF app table top (fr)
Spix.PDF app table top (en)
Spix.PDF app shopfloor (en)
Spix.PDF app shopfloor (fr)
Spix.PDF app desktop (en)
The Spix.PDF app is provided with specific interfaces to the targeted PDF viewers. The default interfaces are provided on Windows operating system, for:
– GoogleChrome PDF viewer
– Windows Edge PDF viewer
– Other PDF viewers on demand
Regarding the branding, Spix.PDF app refers to the univers of SPIX industry:
– Spix refers to the voice assistance functions developed by SPIX industry and used for the purpose of the manipulation of a PDF file.
– PDF refers to the generic name of documents stored in the PDF format. Even though PDF can be considered as a trademark, SPIX industry takes the risk of using it in the name of the application.
– app refers to an application: a ready to go software, that can be installed on a computer device, without any major IT work.
The ownership and intellectual property of the “Spix.PDF app” belong to the company SPIX industry. The product “Spix.PDF app” is an individual result of the project K-Hub supported by the EIT Manufacturing. SPIX industry owns the right to license the product to its customers.
André JOLY – Managing Director
Phone. : +33 (0)6 25 17 27 94
Website : spix-industry.com
Linkedin : linkedin.com/company/spix-industry
Simsoft3D SAS – 1244 rue l’Occitane – 31670 Labège (France)
“SPIX” and “SPIX industry” are registered trademarks of Simsoft3D SAS.